READER COMMENT ON BALTIMORE ELECTIONS ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

READER COMMENT ON BALTIMORE ELECTIONS

The following message was sent in by a reader:

Yesterdays' 'election' was extremely disappointing. I was the only electioneer at my polling place. I left after the 'morning rush' but I may have been the only person there for any candidate or party all day - while driving kids around I whizzed past the polling place front and back several times over the course of the day.The turnout was low enough that the kooky write-in candidates would have had a chance if they had had more organization than their large signs (and maybe some credibility).Since republicans don't have a shot in Baltimore City - I would like to see viable Green candidates in every race. This is a wake-up call to Greens - if you can recruit some black candidates with creds and focus your campaigns you will win some city council seats and some legislature seats. Allwine did not get 17% because she was a great candidate - she got it from the people tired of machine politics. A candidate running a serious campaign would have done very well. A compelling story why to vote against the incumbent would help.Like we just elected a Mayor with a reputation, who will follow orders I don't want to advocate a lot of 3rd party runs as much as I want an election where the issues matter, where there are viable alternatives, and where the incumbents realize who they should be accountable too - and work to earn their jobs.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online