I've Been Away...and now it's time to get back to the serious work of irritating elected officials... ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Friday, April 18, 2008

I've Been Away...and now it's time to get back to the serious work of irritating elected officials...

...and fighting ignorance and apathy...In my absence from Annapolis, I've managed to keep in touch with goings on back home through this marvelous invention called the internet. So, each morning I get this so-called newspaper delivered to my hotel room door. Although USA Today is a total junk rag that it is basically t.v. on a tabloid, I was able to enjoy the page where they have a little blurb of news from each of the fifty states (Don't recall if Guam or Puerto Rico or Iraq are included)to keep in touch with "Maryland." I was so pleased to learn of the parking meter thief in Annapolis. Yes--that made USA Today, so every Marylander traveling around learned that parking controversies remain the top news items not only in our state capital, but statewide as well.

However, it occurred to me that maybe the person stealing the meter money is homeless. After all, Mayor Moyer wants us all to give money to the homeless through a parking meter. Why not? We've already voted a mess of our money to building a permanent "shelter" (and they want more..). Interestingly enough, in the city I was visiting (hint--it's a mile high) they have parking meters scattered around to collect money for the homeless. Soon they will be welcoming a gizillion Democrats who will be fighting it out. No matter what happens there, let's hope they make a lot of Republicans homeless come next January.

Speaking of newspapers in Denver, CP was pleased to find copies of The Onion distributed all over Denver, where it is published. I hope they take note of CP as I have done of them. Read The Onion....but after you read CP, please....

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online