Phillips Seafood Out---Hell Point and Sailing Hall In at City Dock ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Friday, January 16, 2009

Phillips Seafood Out---Hell Point and Sailing Hall In at City Dock

The Washington Business Journal reports that The Phillips restaurant in Annapolis will close this month to be replaced by Hell Point Seafood. Some of the space, which includes outdoor seating,  is under contract by the National Sailing Hall of Fame. The real estate is valued at $2.9 million, according to state property records.

For the rest of the story, you can Go Straight To Hell Point  Right Now.

Please send comments, subscribe, share with your friends, and support our sponsors. Join us at Ahh Coffee! in Eastport almost every Thursday from 8-9 am.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Paul--This is old news, but I'm glad you're getting it out. I don't think word of the change has really gotten around town.

Whether this is going to be for the community's good or not remains to be seen--I'd rather have a decent one-off restaurant in place of a crappy seafood chain (which damages Annapolis' seafood reputation), but until more details about the new Hell Point emerge (I wasn't able to follow the link in your post), I wouldn't trust anyone's analysis of the situation.

With the economy in a tizzy, however, I'm hoping that Hell Point won't be the next Market House.

Paul Foer said...

Jeff I can't always be the first to know...but thanks for the comment. I love the term "old news" which is an oxymoron of the highest order. I better go use my $10 free drink coupon before they close! Keep reading and writing....

John said...

The fact that a change was on the horizon was the old news. Paul has the new news that that the deal closed and Phillips will be closing a lot sooner than expected.

blogger templates | Make Money Online