Guest Editorial: Admiral Heights Resident on Political Signs ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Friday, September 11, 2009

Guest Editorial: Admiral Heights Resident on Political Signs


Dear Capital Punishment:
My son and I were having this conversation about the 'mini billboard' political signs. I said, "What is next? I suppose we will have houses wrapped like cars and buses with political slogans and candidate's faces"!
We have two of them at one house in our neighborhood on a prominent corner lot. Thank goodness the owner on the other corner didn't want to support an opposing candidate! Gee, I have a corner lot a block away. Maybe I should put them up for my candidate? No way!!
I don't see the point. It is unsightly to say the least and so unnecessary. Name recognition and citizen support is the point and the smaller regular signs are just as effective. I see nothing wrong with those, as long as they aren't put up too early and leftover post-election.
After the election, I may propose Admiral Heights try to get a size restriction in our community. We do not have covenants per se, but perhaps we could pass a consensus regulation through our improvement association.
Dianne Crews

(We welcome guest editorials from readers at paul@foerfront.com )

Join us on Thursday morning, Sept 10 from 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blog at ZU Coffee, 934 Bay Ridge Road, Annapolis, Maryland, in the Giant Shopping Center. Stop by on your way to work for your morning latte and meet other local activists. Zu now has a drive-thru window!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online