ANNAPOLIS--THE PERFECT SETTING FOR A PEACE CONFERENCE??? ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Thursday, November 22, 2007

ANNAPOLIS--THE PERFECT SETTING FOR A PEACE CONFERENCE???

Now that we know there really is going to be a Mideast peace conference in Annapolis, our town will be the focus of world news. It won't be the first time that we've been at the center stage of world history, if but for a moment or two. Let's all be as friendly and as helpful to the reporters, visitors (even protesters), diplomats, and everyone else who will be here.

In advance of this possible summit, CP wrote a piece about Annapolis for the Jewish Telegraphic Agency which serves as the primary provider of international and national content for over 100 Jewish community newspapers, magazines and Web sites. Click here to read the story: http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/news/article/20071119annapolishistory.html

As I've said before, I'll say it again--if Olmert and Abbas can meet, surely County Executive Leopold and Mayor Moyer can meet to discuss regional issues as well.

2 Comments:

tbsrabbi said...

Paul,

I read your article and I found it to be both well written and thoughtful. I was particularly interested with your insight about the wording of the preamble of the Treaty of Paris. So impressed was I by that thought that I referred to it in a speech I made at a peace rally on Tuesday.

Nice job Paul!

Rabbi Ari Goldstein

Paul Foer said...

Thank you very much.....let's all work toward lessening tension and hate....

blogger templates | Make Money Online