OhNine OnLine for July 22--Bowling Responds ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

OhNine OnLine for July 22--Bowling Responds

The Below was sent out by Aldermanic Candidate Scott Bowling:

Dear Friends, Neighbors, and Supporters:

Earlier today, a fictitious e-mail was sent to City Clerk, Regina Watkins-Eldridge and copied to various media outlets. I want to thank the City Clerk for contacting me immediately to confirm that this e-mail was a malicious hoax. Her prompt and professional attention has precluded the damage that this e-mail intended to create.

The e-mail was created and sent from a free e-mail server by an impostor posing as me (although spelling my name incorrectly twice.) It attempted to indicate my withdrawal from candidacy for Ward 3 Alderman. The e-mail was replete with punctuation, grammar, spelling, and factual errors. It is shameful that someone would endeavor to waste the Clerk's time with this nonsense, and my campaign will be working with the proper authorities to investigate the origin of this e-mail.

I want to assure the voters of Ward 3 that I remain fully engaged in my candidacy. I look forward to meaningful debates on fiscal responsibility and accountability, the proposed tax cap, comprehensive planning, traffic, safety, and the need for a Council-Manager form of government with my fellow candidates. I appreciate the bipartisan support my campaign is receiving from the voters of Ward 3, demonstrating the importance of the issues in this election.

CP NOTES: This practical joke is so disgusting on so many levels that it's not worth displaying it here. City Clerk Regina Watkins-Eldridge did the right thing and Bowling deserves credit for responding in an appropriate fashion.

Reminder: Haca mayoral forum tonight at 6:30 pm

Sip N Blog Returns....Thursday 8-9 am A Cook's Cafe on Commerce Drive


Please send comments, subscribe, share with your friends, and support our sponsors. Join us next Thursday morning from 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blog at A Cooks Cafe.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online