Tilting at Windbags... ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tilting at Windbags...

The nasty, mean hate-filled hyperconservative bloggers who I have obliquely referred to before are at it again, greasing up their poison keyboards and probably polishing their jackboots and practicing their Heil-salutes in front of the mirror at the same time. The funny thing is they keep attacking CP ad hominem and dismissing CP, claiming that CP is unimportant and worthless, yet they act and REACT (as in reactionary!) as if CP is influential and powerful. In other words, they scoff at what CP writes yet they keep writing--and writing a lot, about CP while telling their readers how pusillanimous I am!!!

As I have said before--it's beyond irony, but the truly funny thing is that they end up driving blogger traffic to this site. The half-truths, innuendos, mistakes and misleading claims in the last one were laughable (their first post in a month and devoted to me!), but they sure got me a lot of free publicity. Thanks guys (Watch--as soon as this is posted, they'll be all over me again, like diamonds on a rattler's scales....hisss...hisss....).

Now, on to more important matters such as saving the world from crypto-fascists. (Ohh-that's sure to upset them.....)

7 Comments:

John said...

Dude--let them attack and respond accordingly. Don't let them get under your skin--when you do, you begin to lose!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Paul:

These kind of comments are incredibly offensive and childish.

They are not only abusrd with respect to those you point them at, they also belittle the tragedy and suffering of the the Jewish people.

I try to read a variety of blogs, and undertand differing points-of-view. But, this Hitler crap makes your blog unworthly of any thinking person's condsideration.


Bob McWilliams

Paul Foer said...

Bob (or whoever it may really be...)
If this blog is "unworthy of any thinking person's consideration" why do you and so many others keep reading and promoting CP?

Anonymous said...

I guess for the same reason people can't resist watching a car wreck. Don't confuse criticism with promotion.

Bob McWilliams

Anonymous said...

Paul,

I agree with Bob. I started reading your blog because I was interested in local politics and wanted a thinking-man's take on it. I found a lot of what you had to say to be insightful, even when I disagreed with you, much in the same way that I enjoy Brian Gill's Annapolis Politics. Not so much anymore. Do you want intelligent debate, or do you merely want people to agree with you? If it's the latter, that's your right, since it's your blog, but then I doubt you'll develop any of these "solutions" you talk about. And yes, I'm sure some people are abusive, but isn't that the price of putting your opinion out there in a blog? Frankly, I'm fairly middle-of-the-road and not prone to attack, but if you feel that you can do without people like me reading, so be it. No skin off my nose, nor Bob's I'm sure. I'll stop by from time to time to see if the world has stopped picking on you.

Tim

Paul Foer said...

ummmm....okay Bob....like whatever...yeah....thanks for reading and thanks for writing...and keep rubber necking

Paul Foer said...

Dear Tim: I frequently write positive and complimentary posts about a host of topics. I promote public organizations and events. I try to get people interested in and active in building our community. Sure I am a firebrand and I say things some people don't like. If all I wanted was for people to agree with me, do you think I would say some of the things I do? I put my name on the line every time I make a post-which is almost every day. You know where I stand. That's more than can be said of most politicians--is it not?

I do take the high and mighty and the haughty to task, especially when they are public figures entrusted with public responsibilities. That's the American Way. That's one of the purposes of the fifth estate.

Your letter is unclear. I am not sure what it is that has upset you. You actually admit that there are abusive people, but why should a person who blogs be subject to abuse because of their opinions? I hope you keep finding pleasure out of things I write, but again, I ask you to be more specific in expressing what seems to be your concern. Feel free to share your ideas. Thanks

blogger templates | Make Money Online