OhNine OnLine for September 15... ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OhNine OnLine for September 15...

Omigosh..what shall I write about today? On this day in 1832....absolutely nothing happened....FOR PETE'S SAKE...JUST VOTE!!  AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS THIS PETE...

I shall publish my election predictions at 0800 when the polls close....the suspense is killin' me...NOT!!!  Que sera sera....whatever will be will be...In case anyone out there besides Dave Cordle and Laurie Sears Deppa knows, 0800 is military for 8 am...

I plan to start the day off with a cup of either very weak regular coffee or a cup of equally weak decaf...maybe election day calls for a dose of yerba matte.....soy milk and real cereal....and then I shall go vote for the same candidate you are supporting--the most qualified candidate! Then I'll be on 1430WNAV AT ABOUT 815 with Bill Lusby and perhaps some of the candidates as well.

I plan to ride off on my bicycle--the ultimate urban transportation machine--and "pedal" my wares...as a "spokes"person....you know the hub of local political yak yak...a real wheel....and see what is happening here and there..

GO VOTE....and then sometime around 2030 I'll get working on the column I have to file for The Capital on Wednesday which will probably be about--guess what?? The election! Dunnh!

Did you hear about the religious test administered to the candidates at Sunday's church service at Mt Olive with the Reverend Johnny Calhoun?  I heard a first-hand account, saw the photos and wondered...really wondered, what were they thinking? I mean not only the candidates, but the good reverend and the church audience. Was it really a litmus test of the faithful? Did they really have each one kneel and pray? Did the good reverend really ignore and never mention at least three of the candidates? I was not there. I cannot say, but I did hear, as mentioned, a first-hand account. And yes, that account did mention how even Josh Cohen (Cohen by the way is derived from the Jewish priestly class, the men who administered the ancient Temple of Jerusalem in the days before its destruction and the dispersion and the rise of the synagogues--a Greek word) also knelt and prayed in that most Christian of churches....named for the Mount Of Olives...which by the way, was...in Jerusalem....

Well--check my predictions tonight at 8 and either laugh at me for being so totally off-base...or be amazed at me for my uncanny ability to peer into the future...


Did you like this post? I wrote it after enjoying my third Bass Ale--I really like Bass Ale....(I stopped in at Pinky's on West St for a six pack while the owner was repairing a bike wheel...) and now my Bass has got to ale...I mean my --- has got to bale...whatever...see you at the polls and long live the Queen!

Join us every Thursday morning, from 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blog at ZU Coffee, 934 Bay Ridge Road, Annapolis, Maryland, in the Giant Shopping Center. Our discussion on the 17th will focus on the primary election results and the upcoming general. Sept-24--Jennifer Monteith. Stop by on your way to work for your morning latte and meet other local activists. Zu now has a drive-thru window!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online