Should We Adopt The Illinois System? ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Should We Adopt The Illinois System?

This was just sent to me by a loyal reader:

Limit all US politicians to two terms.
One in office ---- One in prison ----
 
Illinois already does this.

(To which I add, they also send some to Washington before their first term ends...but I am not putting Obama in that category.  I still like and support him, so there!)

 
LISTEN TO CP Publisher Paul Foer on 1430WNAV at 8:15 every weekday morning.
READ CP Publisher Paul Foer's "The Ninth Ward" every Wednesday in The Capital
JOIN US EACH THURSDAY 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blogs normally at ZU Coffee, 934 Bay Ridge Road in the Giant Shopping Center. Oct 29--Dave Cordle at Zu Coffee. Nov-5th--mayor-elect? Nov 12--stay tuned. Stop by on your way to work for your morning latte and meet other local activists. Zu now has a drive-through window!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Paul,

I got a good chuckle, and now understand what you were asking me after reading your comments above. I think .

I get some really great intellectually stimulating email like this all the time from the group of the unit I served with in Vietnam, 1st Recon. Grunts have a succinct way of expressing themselves.

Unfortunately, most are XXXXXX rated and probably un-publishable in a public forum. However, I must admint I was impressed with the artistic ability and creativity of the female tattoos that went out a few months ago on that group. Then again, I use to read Playboy for the articles.

Even though I'm a Republican, and volunteered during the primaries and general election for Barack in four States, I too still like and support him. Now, as then, I feel his genuine concern is for individual Americans.

However, I still can’t get over he selected Joe Biden as VP. Oh well, it's a thorn in my side that G-d has given me to maintain my humility. I’m often reminded that if everyone was as perfect as me it would be a really boring world. Not to mention the fact that if everyone agreed with me, I wouldn’t have a reason to get angry :-).

Arnold Gasper
Harwood, MD

Paul Foer said...

Arnold Thanks--always for your refreshing commentary.....

blogger templates | Make Money Online