Flyntz-Stoned? Republican Withdraws From Race, Cordle Now Unopposed ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flyntz-Stoned? Republican Withdraws From Race, Cordle Now Unopposed

According to the city's web-site, Republican candidate Frank J. Flyntz has withdrawn from the race as of 7/24/2009. This should come as no surprise to anyone who reads CP or who has followed the race as it was made clear repeatedly that his campaign had little steam. We have a whole mess of Democrats and one Independent and now one Republican. Amazingly, the Democrats are not beating each other up, but Cordle whose own campaign is eerily quiet, never misses an opportunity to attack other candidates as was shown at the HACA forum last week. He seems to be forgetting that he needs broad support to win and is fashioning his campaign and candidacy as that of change. Change. Yeah. Word on the street is that his own party stalwarts are not terribly happy with his lackluster campaigning. If I were Laurie Sears-Deppa I'd be rethinking why I chose to switch and run as a Democrat....she has a few days left....Heck, maybe I should file and run as a Republican.....just kidding....this would have been the perfect election for the Green Party to mount a campaign


Please send comments, subscribe, share with your friends, and support our sponsors. Join us every Thursday morning from 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blogs held in local coffee shops...except for that one in Eastport we used to patronize...ahhhh choo!.

4 Comments:

Craig Purcell said...

Filing as a Republican candidate for Mayor would be appropriate given your anti-public housing sentiments.

You should do it and break new ground on the Republican side of the ledger as an employee of the Capital just like the former Mayor Al Hopkins.

Paul Foer said...

Craig
Maybe you should run for office except that you don't even live in Annapolis. If you like pubic housing so much, why not donate your family's waterfront home out by tony Chesapeake Harbor for public housing? Maybe you could get a contract doing the drawings since you seem to have such trouble working an an architect anywhere else.

Craig Purcell said...

Dear Mr. Foer,

Does this mean you are not going to run for Mayor as a Republican or Green Party canidate as you quizzically considered yesterday ?

I have had my shot at public office in our State Capital a loing time ago in 1993 (before you arrived I believe) yet I do care for the old hometown and its authenticity and friends there.

I would be happy to design some public housing for Annapolis as most of it is poorly designed and cheaply made ~ as it turns out the African American population would have been much better served to have remained downtown in the homes they owned & rented rather than be hoodwinked with promises of new and better housing ~ while in reality being displaced and walled off to the perimeter of the city behind fences and infrastructure.

But that is what elections are about aren't they ?

Do you advocate vouchers for public housing residents so they can live wherever they like?

Paul Foer said...

I hope this is not going to become a regular thing with you....
I have been in Annapolis since way before 1993...I moved here in 1981 and my family's roots in AA County go back to the 1920's...now...where were we?
I would tend to agree that public housing was a form of warehousing, removing and moving people and breaking up communities. Why should someone be given a voucher to live wherever they Like? I can't live whereever I like as I am limited by market forces and my own income and net worth and ability to obtain credit. But why are you so interested in my take on public housing? Do a search of this blog and see what I have written about it. Anything else?

blogger templates | Make Money Online