Ellen O. Moyer "I Have Been Villified", Blames "Hate-Filled Blogs" for Damage to Her and Family ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Friday, November 13, 2009

Ellen O. Moyer "I Have Been Villified", Blames "Hate-Filled Blogs" for Damage to Her and Family

At City Council on November 9, former mayoral candidate Trudy McFall recounted the nasty and negative acts that had occurred during the recent campaign season. Mayor Ellen O. Moyer angrily responded:

"I have been vilified by you and a number of people for the last two years with egregious comments. My family, my whole family, my grandkids and everyone here has been damaged by some of the things that have come from your support for the the hate-filled blogs that are out there because we all have a big job to do in this city together without recrimination and I hope you will be a part of the (unintelligible)"
Trudy McFall  responded:
"I defy you to show me one single written or oral word or in any of the forums or anything that was ever personal against you or any of you. They were always issue based, always..."
I was also wondering what does the mayor mean by these "hate-filled blogs" and who ever attacked her grandchildren? How did McFall support these supposed blogs? There is only one "hate-filled" local blog  and it is co-published by two supporters of Moyer. The only other one was focused on attacking McFall in an anonymous manner. This blog refuses to publish any hate-filled comments, anonymous or signed, including those that attack Moyer, so about what is she speaking? This blog never published anything about her family. Can anybody help us out?? (No anonymous comments please--they won't get published anyhow...)

I ASKED THE MAYOR FOR CLARIFICATION BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE...THE EXACT SAME RESPONSE I GET FROM ALDERWOMAN CLASSIE HOYLE ALL THEM TIME

LISTEN TO CP Publisher Paul Foer on 1430WNAV at 8:15 every weekday morning or click on the WNAV icon to the right and hear it anytime.
READ CP Publisher Paul Foer's "The Ninth Ward" every Wednesday in The Capital
JOIN US EACH THURSDAY 8-9 am for our Sip N' Blogs at ZU Coffee, 934 Bay Ridge Road in the Giant Shopping Center. Nov 12--Mayor-elect Josh Cohen. Nov 19 ??? Nov 26 Some Turkey...closed for T'day! Stop by on your way to work for your morning latte and meet other local activists. Zu now has a drive-through window!




2 Comments:

Mark said...

“This blog never published anything about her family. Can anybody help us out??”

“My family, my whole family, my grandkids and everyone here has been damaged by some of the things that have come from your support for the hate-filled blogs that are out there...”

If you were a little better at parsing the English language it would be easy to see she means her family has been hurt by the allegedly hateful things said about her. No where did she come close to implying you or any other blogger said things about her family.

Mark Bjorke

Paul Foer said...

Dear Mark Bjorke:

I doubt I am the only one who finds your comment puzzling and perhaps even extemporaneous, but it is certainly unclear and confusing. You begin by insulting my English language abilities and place the burden on me and others to try to understand what exactly the mayor meant. Trudy McFall, the direct victim of Boss Ellen's outrage said to me that "In person I certainly thought she meant they were attacked, not just upset for her."
This is not the first time Moyer, who along with her allies, has made disparaging remarks about so-called "hate bloggers" and since she and her political allies often mean this blogger, I took special interest. But in any event, when she and they attack all bloggers as a class, we still have to wonder what they really mean.

As I wrote in my article, I asked her spokesperson to clarify those comments, which she has not yet done. When the mayor uses her bully pulpit in such a fashion, we are left to figure out what she means.This has happened throughout her career. Our difficulty with that has nothing to do with our ability to parse the English language but is about her think-skinned and irrational behavior and comments. I think she not only came close, but did imply that bloggers said things about her family. If she only mean that someone in her family got hurt because someone said something not nice about her role as mayor, one would till have to wonder what she meant.

Perhaps if your comment had not been so deliberately offensive to me and you had instead explained in more detail what you think she meant, I would now be writing a different response to you.If you will give this some more thought and write back a more reasoned response, shall publish that.

I would surmise that you probably know the mayor or her family and therefore, maybe you could ask her or them what was meant.But considering the context of her statement to Trudy McFall, it seems to be about some mis-perception that the mayor believes Ms McFall supported these "hate-filled blogs" Forgetting about her family for a moment, what did she mean here?

This is why I asked readers to "help us out". I was not expecting that I would get blamed for trying to figure out what she meant, as your comment has done.


Thank you

Paul Foer

blogger templates | Make Money Online