CP Needs Your Money to Attend Mayor's Fundraiser. Please Help. Call Kathleen Nieberding at 410-212-1051 To Ask Why The Mayor Needs More of Your Money ~ Annapolis Capital Punishment
1:

Thursday, November 20, 2008

CP Needs Your Money to Attend Mayor's Fundraiser. Please Help. Call Kathleen Nieberding at 410-212-1051 To Ask Why The Mayor Needs More of Your Money

My annual campaign to raise money from you so I can give it to Ellen Moyer is again underway. Please give until it hurts. What's Cooking in Ellen's Creative Kitchen? Mayor Ellen Moyer's campaign finance report shows that $7000 went to Ken's Creative Kitchen, listed as being on Awald Road, which is at least in the city, while her big upcoming fundraiser is not. Why is our lame-duck, last-term mayor even holding a fundraiser? Politics as usual? When she did this last year, we questioned why she needed to raise money. See: please donate to cp today to attend friends of ellen moyer fundraiser and mayor moyer's fundraiser take two .

Here are the details:

Friday, December 12, 8:30 to 11 p.m. Holiday Tribute to Mayor Ellen Moyer in the "seasonal splendor" of Homestead Gardens, 743 West Central Avenue (Route 214), Davidsonville (near the junction with Route 424). Gourmet hors d'oeuvres by Ken's Creative Kitchen; live music for dancing by Unified Jazz Ensemble. Black tie optional. Tickets are $75 per person; patrons are $500 and sponsors $1,000. RSVP by December 6. Checks payable to Friends of Ellen Moyer should be sent to P.O. Box 3527, Annapolis 21403; for further info, contact Kathleen Nieberding at 410-212-1051 or knieberding@comcast.net.

Yep--it's a tribute! Tribute to what? Arrogance and incompetence in government? Oooh, it's black tie optional. Go ahead and give her $500. Heck, give her $1000, but please give me some so I can go. Again--for what is she raising money? Perhaps Ms. Nieberding can explain. Call her and ask. Ms. Nieberding received a $3000 check from the mayor last year so I can certainly see why she wants to help her raise the bucks. Oh-maybe that's why she gets the bucks? Dunnh!

Maybe the least the mayor could do would be to hold her fundraiser in Annapolis. Oh, I can see why she may not want to do that. Maybe she could price it so average folks could attend. On second thought, I guess I can see why she does not do that.

By the way, Nieberding served as Alderwoman Finlayson's campaign manager and received $500 from her campaign. Finlayson, who may run for mayor, is leading the way to keep us from getting a city manager form of government. To learn more about her fundraising, see here: Aldermwoman Finlayson...Golfing with Celebrities in PG County
and
CP Apologizes to Alderwoman Finlayson: Your Mercedes is Blue, Not Black!

See the mayor's fundraising report at: See Ellen Collect and Spend

Please send comments, subscribe, share with your friends,and support our sponsors. Join us at Ahh Coffee almost every Thursday from 8-9 am.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not hold it at the market house---great location and from what I gather the space is available!

Might be the perfect venue to celebrate her achievements. Oh wait, maybe the police station might be better.

Paul Foer said...

Dear Anonymous:
At least the mayor and other elected officials have the nerve to be public about their convictions--unlike you who writes under cover of anonymity. However, having said that, I do agree. Perhaps you should call Ms. Nieberding and suggest that.

Anonymous said...

If you prefer to alienate your readers then by all means continue to berate them for wishing to remain anonymous. There are many good reasons for remaining so.

Mark Felt had a good reason, and so do I. But, if you continue to berate me (and others) that wish to remain anonymous, I will likely just move on and recommend that others do the same.

We are a free country and just as I have the right to remain anonymous, you too have the right to publish (or not) anonymous comments.

Paul Foer said...

Dear Anonymous: I have written about this before. What do you expect from me? Adoration? Gratitude? For what?
I grudgingly allow anonymous comments while some readers have asked me why I do so. It is odd (ironic!)that you say we live in a free country yet you are afraid of expressing your opinions. And then you remind me that I have the right to publish or not to publish your comments? Are they worth publishing? It mainly depends on who you are and whether you really know anything--so do you? On the other hand, I write this blog every day-and take and take all risks associated with it--and allow you and others to publish here either anonymously or identified--yes I make it possible--and you take me to task when I took you to task for anonymously attacking elected officials who every day also take it on the chin. Something is not right here. You get an unfair and undeserved advantage so why should I allow you to now use it against me?
To liken yourself to Mark Felt, aka Deep Throat, is not only grandiose, to say the least, but is terribly misguided. Felt had way more at stake than do you (Nixon could have had him killed by professional assassins!--and his job was terribly sensitive--he was a top spy for gosh sakes--surrounded by spies)--as did Woodward and Bernstein as did The Post as did Nixon and all of us...and The Post still had to verify what Felt said--AND Furthermore Felt made himself known to Woodward and Bernstein. So Mr Junior Deepthroat come forward and we'll put your knowledge to good use. Did you not read my posts of Sept 24th and Oct 19th? Please go back and read them. Perhaps that will explain a few things. Perhaps they were written to you??? Or was that another "anonymous"?
If you really are like Mark Felt, then make yourself known to me. I'll protect your identity--but you had better have something along the lines of Deep Throat that is worth saying. You say you have good reasons for remaining anonymous? Tell me what they are and be fair--give me the right to judge what is real what is fair and what is newsworthy. Your name will be our secret. If you are for real, I will be able to make some good use of your as a real source. Until then--you're just a nobody saying whatever you feel without any accountability or responsibility and whatever you have to say is lessened because of it. If it makes you feel good then I wish you well. And if there is any alienating happening here, at least you know who you are alienating whereas to me, you are just a nobody. How can I alienate someone who is not known--who is already an alien as it were? So come forward and make yourself known to me. Prove that you know something and are a valued source. Show me all the anonymous mail you have sent. Until then, I'll berate you and all the other nobodies for remaining anonymous if I feel like doing that. Why does it even bother you if you are the only one who knows who you are? So--the ball is in your court-and this is the only way I can communicate with you--but you have other ways to communicate with me. So come forward Mr. or Ms. Junior Deep Throat Wannabe. It'll be our secret. Shall we meet in the parking garage at 2 am? Until then....feel free to move on or "recommend that others do the same" but doubt that your anonymous testimonial and recommendation will go a long way.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Foer's response shows why no one cares to make comments on this blog.

Why would anyone want to make a comment, only to get this kind of response.

Paul Foer said...

Dear Anonymous:
Why would anyone want to make an anonymous comment? Are you afraid of rejection? Retaliation? Do you simply not believe in what you say? Who needs anonymous comments anyway? And finally, do I or anyone else really care what you think? No we do not when you remain anonymous. Why don't you write something intelligent and sign your name to it? Maybe you'll get a nicer response--at least you'll deserve one. As I wrote, "You get an unfair and undeserved advantage so why should I allow you to now use it against me?" Don't expect to get any more anonymous comments published unless they are somehow really newsworthy-which is not likely.

blogger templates | Make Money Online